Friday 29 October 2010

Cosmetic Adverts Final Design

Aurora Perfume





Codes and Conventions
When planning my design for an advertisement me and Holly decided to create an advert for a perfume, using all the seasons. We wanted to create a storyboard affect showing that the product was available and suitable all year round. As a pair we decided that I would work on the the spring and autumn adverts, and Holly would work on the Summer and Winter. We tried to make the costumes suitable for the certain season. For example, scarf and hat for winter, and shorts and top for summer. For all adverts we placed a picture of the product in the low right hand corner, to keep it consistent. However, in the Autumn advert I thought it would be effective if the model was holding the perfume bottle and looking down at it smiling. I think this would represent how the perfume can change and improve your life, form how cheerful she looks. We added a slogan to the winter advert saying "escape the winter blues". We thought that this would be especially important for the winter one, because it suggests that this product can lighten upyour life, even in the worst of months.

In the Autumn one, I wanted it to look as if she was holding the bottle of perfume, so I took a picture of her with her hands out and photohopped a picture of the product into her hands. I changed the colour to a golden shade of yellow, to help bring out an autumn theme. Then we added the name of the product 'Aurora' to the perfume, to make it look more professional. For this advert I took a picture of the school field, surrounded by trees and added Hannah to the photo using photoshop. I thought it would be effective if I changed the background to black and white, because then it would make the the Hannah, the product and the leaves around her stand out more. It also suggests that the perfume can make you feel happier and brighter in Autumn, and attracts the audience.

For the spring advert, I wanted  the colour of the perfume bottle to reflect the colour of spring. So I used an image of a blossom tree, and made the changed the colour of the product using a similar pink. I took a picture of Hannah holding a flower to build on the spring affect and colour scheme. The way that she is looking upwards smiling could suggest that she is looking and hoping into the future. I wanted it to show the audience that buying the perfume could make there future a better place.

Representation
The social group that we wanted to be represented was the students that are currently at further education. We tried to make the adverts represent the lifestyle by using features that would appeal to them. For example, freedom. I think this is a very important aspect to this lifestyle, as the people this age might be feeling the need to escape from school work and stress. I think that the fact that all the adverts give a positive view on life at this age, will definitely improve the audience's attraction to the product. We wanted our advert to communicate to all students that life can be easier and less stressful whilst in education.

Target Audience
We were specifically aiming our product to an audience of females aged 16-18, and we thought that it would be a good idea to use my twin sister Hannah to model, and Holly for the winter one, as this would make it clearer who the product is aimed at. I think each advert has a bit of a narrative as I wanted to show that you can enjoy life in all seasons. It suggests that the model has an enjoyable life, which helps to sell the product aswell as a lifestyle.

Evaluation
I think that one of our main strengths is the use of a model that is the exact age of the target audience, as this makes it easier to grab the attentions of this audience. Also I think the settings and backgrounds of the adverts help to represent the seasons, and we tried to make the outfits and colour of the bottles relate to to the time of year aswell. One thing that I think could be a weakness, is the fact that we only had a slogan on one of the advertisements. I think it was more important to have one one winter one, however if we added one to all of them, it may have improved our work. Also we weren't sure if the fact that on the summer advert Holly isn't facing the camera would be a weakness. She is facing out to see, so the audience cannot see her face. Although I feel that this could show that she is looking into the future as if there is something waiting for her. I thought that this would work, as the message of our product was that life can be enjoyable and easy, leading to a happy future.



No comments:

Post a Comment